Store Manager Opportunities | Victoria | Expression of Interest
Job no: 524614
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - East, Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Store Management
- Rare opportunity to join an iconic Australian retailer as a Store Manager
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Based in one of our Victorian stores
- Expression of Interview campaign now open
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Store Manager to act as a leader for the brand and oversee all store functions across all teams.
They will engage and support their Store team by instilling their passion for retail, and aptitude to achieve outcomes to maximise store profitability. Their delivery of successful results in-store will support the overall company strategy.
- Coach and mentor the management team in identifying sales opportunities and have plans in place to mitigate sales and service risks
- Lead and inspire the team to maximise sales results and promote an exceptional customer service experience through their teams
- Coach, mentoring and performance management of direct reports to drive engagement, healthy succession and maximum individual productivity
- Drive maximum sales through exceptional service by ensuring all service standards are met and maximising the customer experience and loyalty in store
- Maximise the achievement of the store's financial metrics - net profit, sales, salaries, shrinkage and expenses
- Be commercially aware of competitor activity in order to identify opportunities and/or mitigate risks
- Efficient management of all store activities not limited to the management of logistics, facilities, loss prevention, WHS, sustainability and customer services
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key internal and external partners to maximise business outcomes whilst communicating and collaborating effectively with the team
- Possess significant demonstrated experience managing a large-format retail environment, with a customer service focused approach
- Have developed exceptional people management skills, with a focus on coaching and inspiring your teams
- Have proven experience meeting and exceeding set sales targets and company KPI's, and developing your team members to do the same
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organisation to achieve business outcomes
- Possess a customer comes first attitude, holding a professional stance and emotional intelligence
- Are highly numerate with a strong commercial nous
- Are able to act as an effective change agent supporting business initiatives
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Possess a strong retail acumen
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A highly competitive salary and incentive scheme
- A great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers
- Opportunities for high performers with aspirations
- Ongoing on the job training and development
- A management team that cares, investing their time to develop and coach
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time