Head of VM - Creative Operations
Job no: 524423
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development, Marketing, Merchandise, Operations
As the Head of Visual Merchandise – Creative Innovation, you will deliver inspirational design and execution for all campaign/merchandise activations and in-store collateral for David Jones. Reporting to the GM of VM & Store Design, you will be a senior leader within the VM team and be responsible for coming up with the in-store creative direction for the upcoming seasons. Working collaboratively with our brand communication and retail operation teams, you will drive the VM calendar and ensure lead times are meet in time for promotional launch dates. This role will suit a passionate VM specialist with a creative eye mixed with proven process management capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with creative/brand teams to present all VM campaigns ensuring consistent tone and feel for the brand
- Manage the Graphics teams to ensure brand style guides are applied to all print materials
- Ensure store digital screens are maximised and vendor opportunities/subsidy targets are met.
- Work with production teams to ensure collateral, both print and 3D is quoted, sampled and signed off to brand standards
- Ensure budgets are met and managed effectively
- Relationship management for all key suppliers
- Keep up to date on global VM creative trends across luxury retail and associated industries
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive design experience within retail/consumer centric sectors producing creative content
- Proven experience within Visual Merchandise functions with an innovative creative bend
- Deep understanding of how to engage target consumers with inspirational graphic content
- Experience nurturing a diverse creative team across VM design & production
- Possess well developed commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritise tasks within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation
- Understanding and working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator will be highly regarded
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time