Regional Head of Risk & Compliance
Job no: 986680
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Finance, Legal, Strategy & Business Development
Your role as the Head of Risk and Compliance will be pivotal in ensuring that David Jones and Country Road Group manage their strategic and operation risk programs effectively. Reporting to the Group Head of Risk your role will provide business focus on all risk matters and deliverables in line with WHL (parent) Group risk frameworks. As the local SME, you will drive ongoing maturity, simplification and continuous improvement/relevance of the regions risk program. You will partner with all parts of a multi-branded organisation and identify solution orientated outcomes to support the achievement of business objectives while managing the appropriate levels of risk.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our corporate office, this role will an ambitious, highly commercial and consultative risk professional who enjoys solving problems in a collaborative manner and thrives in a fast-paced environment
What does the role involve?
- Advise the business on corporate risk, governance, and compliance matters as required
- Implementation/maintenance of policies, procedures, and other guidance to support strong governance
- Deliver training and awareness initiatives to promote a risk-aware culture
- Manage cyclical risk reporting and presentation to the Board
- Develop and maintain risk profiles / risk registers for key functions and business units
- Manage all areas of enterprise risk management (ERM), including risk assessments, business continuity, insurance, travel safety, combined assurance
- Determine and conduct targeted risk ‘deep dives’ to validate / challenge key risk exposures
Who are we looking for?
- Dedicated experience in a similar risk role with leadership capability ideal
- Relevant tertiary-level education in Finance, Risk and/or Legal disciplines
- Strong working knowledge of risk frameworks, methodologies and application (e.g. ISO, COSO).
- Ability to proactively identify, plan and execute relevant improvement initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work cross-functionally and support a wide range of business stakeholders
- Ability to influence key senior stakeholders, including c-suite, executive committee, and Board
- Comfort level working within and driving outcomes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or other certifications (e.g. CA, CPA, CPRM) highly regarded
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Seasonal clothing allowance
- Hybrid working rhythms that support true balance between life and your work
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time