Junior Copywriter- Country Road
Job no: 986463
Work type: Part Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Reporting to the Senior Copywriter, this part-time role is responsible for creating detailed product descriptions that talk to design, quality and sustainability for all products across Woman, Man, Child and Home. You will create compelling copy that connects with our customers, supporting the Copywriter and Senior Copywriter in bringing the brand Tone of Voice to life. This role is required for 3 days per week.
- Maintain brand Tone of Voice and brand consistency across internal and external marketing channels as required, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating detailed product descriptions every month, speaking to design, quality and sustainability across Woman, Man, Child and Home.
- Support copywriting team in developing copy for additional channels as required: eDMs, Social Media, VM in-store requirements (store signage, talking cards, swing tags, product packaging), web content.
- Develop strong, compelling copy that engages customers, captures loyalty and encourages sales.
- Maintain a strong understanding of all the products and services, and their differentiators.
- Support PR team with press releases, media alerts and event collateral.
- Support with internal communications for store and other relevant stakeholders.
- Amend and revise copy in response to feedback from Senior Copywriter.
- Update and review meta data, implement best practice SEO principles with support from Group SEO team.
- Competitor analysis: Research trends, brands and competitors to create and maintain competitive edge.
The ideal candidate has
- A tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications or similar.
- Exceptional spelling, grammar and writing skills. You know the difference between a hyphen and an em dash, and when to use them.
- Impeccable attention to detail. You’ll notice when there’s a full stop missing from an eDM, or a misplaced letter in a product description.
- Experience writing online product descriptions highly favourable.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Basic understanding of the fashion retail business, with knowledge of sustainability initiatives, fashion textiles and design.
- Demonstrated experience in a team working environment with the ability to work autonomously.
- Natural problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude.
- A sound knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience with workflow platforms such as Monday.com, Trello or similar.
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself, along with a resume and any examples of your work.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, Politix and David Jones) for you and your immediate family.
- Birthday roster day off.
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on-the-job development.
- An authentic, open and high performing culture. Be part of a team that recognises a job well done, and genuinely enjoys coming to work every day.
- An ongoing hybrid office environment with flexible work-from-home arrangements.
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. With a mission to inspire modern Australian living every day, the brand proudly produces lines for Woman, Man, Teen, Child and Home. An icon since 1974, Country Road is famous for its effortless style and quality designs that are made to last.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time