Copywriter- Country Road
Job no: 986462
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Reporting to the Senior Copywriter, this role is responsible for bringing our brand Tone of Voice to life in a creative, compelling and original way. You will develop copy for a broad range of internal and external marketing channels, recognising that every touchpoint is an opportunity to connect with our customers.
- Maintain brand Tone of Voice and brand consistency across internal and external marketing channels as required, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop copy for digital marketing channels: Daily eDMs, social media captions and copy, select Campaign Editorials and Style Books, web content and other ad hoc copy tasks as required.
- Develop copy for print marketing channels: Visual Merchandising collateral such as store windows and hoarding, talking cards, product packaging, swing tags, back neck labels and other ad hoc copy tasks as required.
- Support PR team with press releases, media alerts and event collateral.
- Support with internal communications for store and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proofread and edit online web copy/monthly product descriptions.
- Develop customer-facing corporate communications such as COVID-19-related developments, logistical and operational information on the website.
- Research and source key talent, contributors and creatives for storytelling opportunities, contribute content ideas to the brand’s online journal, Live With Us.
- Support Senior Copywriter in briefing external photographers, creatives, tastemakers, HMU artists as required to bring storytelling opportunities to life.
- Support Senior Copywriter in sourcing locations for shoots as required across Live With Us, Social, etc.
- Create call sheets for shoots including run sheet, COVID-19 safety information, and any other required information.
- Assisting in coding and uploading Live With Us content to website back end.
- Competitor analysis: Research trends, brands and competitors to create and maintain competitive edge.
The ideal candidate has
- A tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications or similar.
- Exceptional spelling, grammar and writing skills. You know the difference between a hyphen and an em dash, and when to use them.
- Demonstrated copywriting experience in a similar role, across a range of mediums or channels.
- Impeccable attention to detail. You’ll notice when there’s a full stop missing from an eDM, or a misplaced letter in a product description.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Basic understanding of the fashion retail business, with knowledge of sustainability initiatives, fashion textiles and design.
- Experience working with a Content Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in a team working environment with the ability to work autonomously.
- Natural problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude.
- A sound knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience with workflow platforms such as Monday.com, Trello or similar.
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself, along with a resume and any examples of your work.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, Politix and David Jones) for you and your immediate family.
- Birthday roster day off.
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on-the-job development
- An authentic, open and high performing culture. Be part of a team that recognises a job well done, and genuinely enjoys coming to work every day.
- An ongoing hybrid office environment with flexible work-from-home arrangements.
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. With a mission to inspire modern Australian living every day, the brand proudly produces lines for Woman, Man, Teen, Child and Home. An icon since 1974, Country Road is famous for its effortless style and quality designs that are made to last.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time