Payroll Specialist - Country Road Group
Job no: 986298
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Finance, Human Resources
Your role as Payroll Officer will play an important role in ensuring that all of our store employees are paid correctly and on-time. Supporting a portfolio of Country Road Group stores, you will be responsible for processing upwards of 1000 employees on a fortnightly basis as well as answering queries from staff. This role is crucial in providing outstanding experiences for our people and is part of a collaborative People (HR) community. We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic individual with high attention to detail and accuracy in processes.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our corporate office, this role will suit an analytical, process orientated and people focused payroll professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Ensure all employees are paid within legislative, award and enterprise agreement guidelines
- Administer employee/employer deductions, contributions and benefits
- Manage and maintain employee records
- Manage employee transfers
- Maintain effective internal and external customers/user relationships within own area of responsibility in line with timeframe agreed with customer
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required/directed by senior payroll leaders
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in a high-volume Payroll Officer/Administrator position, preferably within a retail environment
- Experience with PayGlobal payroll systems will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of payroll practices and basic accounting principles
- An appreciation for and ability to interpret Retail/Industry Award and EBAs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with customer service ethos
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Seasonal clothing allowance
- Hybrid working rhythms that support true balance between life and your work
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time