Production Manager - Childrenswear- Country Road
Job no: 986255
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Country Road have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join the team and oversee production for Childrenswear on a 12 month fixed contract.
Leading a team of two Production Coordinators, the Production Manager is responsible for planning and managing production for Childrenswear, ensuring on time delivery to all markets to the required quality standard and at the most efficient cost.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with agents and vendors as the key contact for CR agents/vendors
- Ensure that all Critical Path milestones are being met and production schedule is on track for styles according to range month and stock plans
- Strategic allocation of fashion products in conjunction with Design Manager/Designers and Merchandise Manager, to appropriate vendors at option plan stage, to leverage best cost, workload, quality and delivery
- Regularly review the performance of all Childrenswear vendors in terms of reliability, quality, delivery performance and quick response
- Manage cost negotiation in order to achieve required Final Margin and overall divisional target.
- Work closely with Merchandise Manager and Design Team on product costing’s and providing all relevant cost information to the team.
- Maintain a record of quantity/ dollar value of any excesses that Country Road has committed to and report this to merchandise and design teams regularly
- Report on potential airfreight exposure at the earliest opportunity to minimise the cost to the organisation and communicate any late deliveries with Merchandise, Design Team, Garment technicians and QA Manager
The Ideal Candidate has
- Demonstrated current experience in similar fashion Production Management role within a fast paced environment
- Experience across apparel or childrenswear will be highly regarded
- Proven team leadership and management ability
- Product and manufacturing knowledge
- Strong attention to detail and deadline driven
- Demonstrated ability to establish mutually beneficial working relationships with key stakeholders
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, Politix and David Jones) for you and your immediate family
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. With a mission to inspire modern Australian living every day, the brand proudly produces lines for Woman, Man, Teen, Child and Home. An icon since 1974, Country Road is famous for its effortless style and quality designs that are made to last.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time