Finance Analyst - Country Road Group
Job no: 986143
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Your role as the Finance Analyst will be pivotal in collaborating with our Commercial Finance Team as you collate information and coordinate the budget and planning process for all Country Road Group brands. Reporting to the Group Commercial Planning Manager, you will partner with all brand Finance BP teams to ensure all budgeting and forecasting milestones are met and that all key finance & brand stakeholders are up to date on the overall process. You will be responsible for delivery of budget and forecast submission to our parent company (WHL) while providing additional support to the broader commercial finance team on business case development and additional ad hoc analysis.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our corporate office, this role will suit a data-obsessed and curious finance professional, that possesses strong analytics skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment
What does the role involve?
- Coordinate budgeting and forecasting process including timelines, milestones and global assumptions
- Analytically review budgets and forecasts for completeness and accuracy
- Collaborate with the wider finance team to ensure all inputs provided in line with timelines
- Preparation of budget/forecast submissions to parent company (WHL)
- Assist preparing annual budget and quarterly forecast reporting deck for WHL stakeholders and Board
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Board reports
- Support business case development for various projects across the group
- Produce ad hoc reporting and analysis for a wide range of stakeholders as required
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar commercial/finance role
- CA/CPA qualified or currently in the pursuit of achieving qualification
- Intermediate and above Excel Skills (Pivot Tables & V-Lookups)
- High level of analytical skill to go in-depth with your analysis
- A curious mind and an ability to engage and influence those around them
- Strong communication skills to be able to deal with an array of stakeholders
- Passionate emerging finance professionals looking for their first role outside advisory or who is looking to be in a fast paced, consumer orientated environment
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Hybrid working rhythms that support true balance between life and your work
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time