AWS Data Engineer
Job no: 984420
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Human Resources
The AWS Support Engineer will play an important role in ensuring production systems and environments are stable, high performing, and secure. Supporting both David Jones and the Country Road Group businesses, you will be responsible for managing a range of important systems and tools that are integral to the success of our business. We are looking for a professionally qualified individual with excellent attention to detail, familiarity with a large-scale environment, and exposure to multiple different systems to bring their expertise to this position.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit someone who has a broad knowledge of AWS technology, the ability to optimise performance and support a complex and fast paced organisation that is changing rapidly.
What does the role involve?
- Utilise AWS to troubleshoot, performance tune, and optimise cloud-hosted applications and services
- Maintain and improve production system stability, performance, and security
- Define and implement prescriptive strategies to measure production systems
- Monitor and implement failover and disaster recovery procedures and processes
- Reviewing security policies and ensuring that security methods align with current policies
- Define and improve build, deployment, and provisioning tools, systems, and processes
Who are we looking for?
- Completion of AWS Associate Level Certified Solution Architect
- Exposure to systems management concepts, performance management and tuning, and storage & network concepts
- Advanced Linux skills
- Exposure and proven experience with Python, Boto, and Bash/Shell
- Relevant database experience: Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience within the Retail industry will be highly desirable
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Ability to blend/balance your work and life effectively
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time