Knitwear Garment Technician - Trenery
Job no: 983769
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development
Trenery are looking for a talented Knitwear Garment Technician to join the team, responsible for establishing and communicating standards relevant to fit, manufacturing and quality.
- Produce any specifications required for garment production in a timely manner
- Assist in setting up all tech pack standards via PLM system for the Design team aligned to the critical path deadline dates
- Establish and maintain appropriate construction standards and fit criteria across all categories with all suppliers
- Coordinate wear test garment trials and document all feedback for all styles of concern
- Maintain a library of production samples for future knitwear/design team reference to ensure effective quality control
- Provide technical advice to design, as required
- Provide support on fittings by attending all fit sessions of all local and off shore garments and assist the designer with fitting of product and outlining QC issues found
- Create and approve graded specs and communicate to suppliers
- Assess the approval of all pre shipment samples and communicate major issues with suppliers
The Ideal Candidate has
- Diploma or degree qualification in fashion production/pattern making/textile design/quality control or similar
- Previous experience in a garment technician role
- Knowledge and exposure to global textile sourcing and materials
- Proven understanding of offshore manufacturing and retail business acumen
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail in relation to workmanship and overall quality of a garment
- Strong garment construction and technical experience in fully fashioned knitwear
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Politix and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Trenery was created by the team behind the iconic Australian fashion retailer Country Road and launched in Australia in 2009. It is designed for women and men who appreciate the beauty of simple, sophisticated collections that are modern in approach and timeless in style.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time