Designer -Leather Handbags & Smalls - Mimco
Job no: 982426
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development
Always dreamed of designing for Mimco? We are looking for a talented Designer for Leather Handbags and smalls (managing two direct reports).
This position is a maternity cover contract.
- Design and development of these key categories from initial concept development through to production
- Work closely with the Senior Designer and Head of Design to concept colour, trend, silhouette and raw material research, idea generation which follows the seasonal creative brief
- Collaborate with broader team and categories to ensure range cohesion
- Range administration- ensuring timeline is achieved and adhered to across all processes and categories
- Liaise with factories on a daily basis as well as the production and planning team within Mimco to ensure the team is across any issues, revisions, range/style progress, cancellations and updates
- Liaise with Planning and Production managers to adhere to option plan and intake margin targets
- Weekly sales analysis, assessing and addressing future ranges with a forward vision
- Undertake factory visits/sourcing trips, as required as well as local and interstate store visits
The Ideal Candidate has
- A strong design background with proven experience designing aspirational handbags and accessories across leather
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign, Microsoft Office suite and experience working on Macs
- Knowledge of key raw materials & handbag construction
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with key suppliers/internal stakeholders
- A balance of inspirational design skills as well as sales/commercial experience
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Management experience
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco and David Jones) for you and your immediate family
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
MIMCO designs unique accessories collections. We dream, explore and play with whatever gives us delight in the moment. Our environments are full of precious personality-filled products and our in-store experience is all about you - the strong individuals who are drawn to something different.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time