Product Safety & Traceability Manager
Job No.: 981977
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Job type: Full-Time
As the Product Safety & Traceability Manager you will evolve and execute the product safety and compliance strategy across the Country Road Group and David Jones brands. In addition you will continue to develop process around how we trace and track all fibres, chemicals and fastenings that make up our products. You will be responsible for partnering with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization as well as our diverse local and international supplier groups. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about product safety and how it comes to being who can influence collaboratively and possesses a curious mind.
What does the role involve?
- Managing implementation of standard operating procedures ensuring consumer safety and compliance to regulatory and policy requirements
- Develop and manage a Product Safety escalation & reporting process
- In conjunction with Legal & Risk teams, manage Product Safety Recalls
- Act as a centralised support for customer service and retail stores for escalation/remediation of safety concerns raised by customers
- Provide feedback and support to suppliers/factories to prevent product safety issues
- Constantly identifying best in class practices in traceability, chemical use and product safety across all tiers of the value chain
- Manage the chemical compliance strategy in the supplier base
Who are we looking for?
- Dedicated experience in a garment technician or product development role with a focus on safety and compliance
- Understanding of mandatory regulatory requirements for importing/selling consumer products
- Proven ability to develop process and systems that impact positively on compliance requirements
- A passion for safety with a curious mind to understand how things are the way they are
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Relevant tertiary degree or complementary qualifications in fashion textiles or similar highly regarded
- Interpersonal skills that allow you to build healthy relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- Exposure working within fashion and apparel merchandise will be beneficial
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practice
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Closing date: for applications
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend