Head of Design - Home - Country Road
Job no: 981752
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development
Lead the Homeware division of Country Road. Responsible for the creation and communication of the overall design vision of the Homewares product, ensuring that the range is consistent with the brand heritage whilst delivering on the company’s strategies and financial targets.
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of 5 to drive a performance culture through a focus on the development of team members skills and capability
- Manage the development of the Homeware product range that represents exceptional value in the market place
- Design & development of the Homeware range ensuring it is in keeping with brand image, option plan, price points and margin
- Manage the division to deliver customer focused, well balanced ranges on time with consideration of company design direction
- Researching & forecasting forward trends and colour concepts to present to the team each season whilst also ensuring regular updates to the team on in-season updates/ideas and inspiration for ideas to enhance the Homeware collection
- Attend overseas trips with the design team to draw on creative inspiration and additionally to guide the design team on styles, colour and fabrications whilst purchasing key samples relevant to the range
- Review and analyse weekly sales reports to determine bestsells, sell-throughs and problem styles/colours. Actively participate in weekly sales meetings.
The Ideal Candidate has
- Extensive experience within a design leadership role having experience across product design & development across both hardgoods and textiles
- An inspirational leader who leads by example
- Experience in sourcing and working with overseas vendors, in particular China and India
- Experience in building a commercially successful Homeware range
- Ability to identify key trends and create and implement seasonal product vision
- A strong understanding of local and overseas market and fashion trends with the ability to translate this in to a commercial range
- Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Mimco, Politix, Trenery and Witchery products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. Country Road creates quality lifestyle products across Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Babywear and Homewares. Renowned for its commitment to style, quality and design, the fashion ranges are a celebration of all that’s vibrant and exciting about modern Australian living.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time