Infrastructure and Cloud Team Lead
Job No.: 537474
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Job type: Full-Time
David Jones exists to inspire like no other and as we continue to deliver on our ambitious transformation agenda in line with our Vision 2025+ strategy, we are committed to creating inspired careers so our people can Thrive.
As the Infrastructure and Cloud team lead, you will be leading the team of engineers, vendors and specialists to design, build, and maintain the IT environment that David Jones requires to run the Infrastructure hosting services.
Reporting to the Senior Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for designing and implementing IT strategies for the organisation to launch and run digital products, support the physical and online stores, and align to other business objectives.
The role will suit an innovative and passionate senior infrastructure engineer who thrives in a fast-paced and commercially evolving environments.
What does the role involve?
- Design, implement, and maintain David Jones cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain servers, storage systems, virtualisation, and other critical infrastructure components, including supporting Store environment
- Work with other engineers to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based and on-premise solutions for the company
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all aspects of the company’s cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Establish security requirements for cloud and on-premise computing solutions and ensure compliance with those requirements by designing new solutions or modifying existing solutions
- Develop project plans and timelines for implementation projects according to company standards
- Lead a team to address all allocated first and second level service calls, system incidents, change requests and work orders delegated from the Technology team
- Lead a team that provides analysis, development, implementation and support of all Infrastructure services in a timely manner and in conformance with company strategy and business requirements
- Manage relationship with external partner service delivery managers to ensure Infrastructure providers meet their contractual obligations
Who are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience in Infrastructure and cloud engineering or a related field.
- Experience working within similar corporate / retail environments, partnering with Technology team and the business to achieve business outcomes and optimise customer / end user experience
- Extensive knowledge of cloud, on-premises, and hybrid infrastructure technology, including implementation, operation and optimisation
- Experience in working with external partners, strong negotiation skills and understanding of technology commercial contracting environment
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, or Azure
- Sound technical skills and knowledge relating to support of UNIX systems (AIX/Linux); SAN Storage Systems (HPE 3Par); VMWare virtualisation software; Windows Server platforms; Citrix; Oracle.
Why work for us?
- Unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that provide appropriate work/life balance
- Parental leave policy of 18-weeks paid leave for the primary carer, and 3-weeks paid leave for the supporting partner
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Closing date: for applications
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend