Assistant Store Manager - Hornsby
Job no: 537316
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Sydney - North
Categories: Store Management
About the role
David Jones exists to inspire Like No Other and as we continue to deliver on our ambitious transformation agenda in line with our Vision 2025+ strategy, we are committed to creating inspired careers so our people can Thrive. As the Assistant Store Manager, you will be empowered to lead a team of Sales & Service Managers and inspire them with your passion for retail, your ability to drive results and deliver an in-store experience Like No Other. You will play an essential role in coaching and mentoring teams to foster warm connections and deliver seamless solutions.
- Lead, inspire and coach a diverse team of passionate retail professionals to create experiences that inspire Like No Other
- Ensure all commercial objectives linked to sales, profit and NPS are overachieved
- Create meaningful and collaborative partnerships with all brand & concession partners
- Keep our customer at the heart of everything you do and ensure your team strive to meet our service philosophy standards
- Represent David Jones positively out in market as the custodian of our iconic brand
The ideal candidate will have
- Proven ability to coach, inspire and develop capability of people/teams
- A relentless commitment to delivering inspiring customer experience T
- The ability to collaborate/influence diverse stakeholder groups and brand partners
- A consistent track record of overachievement against commercial objectives including NPS
- The ability to adapt at pace to the changing strategic needs of customers, the business or market
- High commercial acumen with a growth mindset to facilitate growth across the organisation
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time