Service Coach - VIC
Job no: 537312
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - East, Melbourne - North, Melbourne - South, Melbourne - West
Categories: People & Culture, Operations & Facilities, Strategy & Project Management
About the role
David Jones exists to inspire Like No Other and as we continue to deliver on our ambitious transformation agenda in line with our Vision 2025+ strategy, we are committed to creating inspired careers so our people can Thrive. As the Service Coach, you will be empowered to influence outcomes and drive customer retention by inspiring and coaching Store Management and frontline teams on category-specific standards, specialised services, financial service products, payments and David Jones rewards programs.
Our Service Coaches will work closely with Regional Managers, Store and Customer Service, and the People team to facilitate training across all David Jones categories through effective coaching both in-store and in classroom settings. We are looking for a confident and passionate individual who enjoys adapting and tailoring their approach in delivering training material whilst thriving in a fast-paced retail environment.
Based in our Vic Metro stores, this role would suit someone who has strong influencing skills, loves building lasting working relationships and has a humanistic approach in educating staff.
What does the role involve?
- Inspire and coach store management and front-line teams on category-specific standards, specialised services, financial products, payments and David Jones Rewards program
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to facilitate instore and virtual group training sessions
- Support the People team with induction and Leadership training
- Ensure team members are engaged and foster a culture of ongoing development
- Provide Store Management and Team Leaders with David Jones learning tools
- Manage and deliver adhoc training requests to support broader business strategies
What are we looking for?
- Experience in retail management or as a Training Facilitator
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desired)
- Passionate about the customer experience
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship-building skills
- Effective influencing skills
Why work for us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that provide appropriate work/life balance
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday, as well as time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time