Loss Prevention Manager - Bourke Street Mall - 12 month Limited Tenure
Job no: 537310
Work type: Full-Time, Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Loss Prevention, Operations Management
About the Role
David Jones exists to inspire Like No Other and as we continue to deliver on our ambitious transformation agenda in line with our Vision 2025+ strategy, we are committed to creating inspired careers so our people can Thrive. As the Loss Prevention Manager, you will be empowered to lead and promote safety and security across the store by mitigating risk through overt and covert operations, and the implementation of the Stock Loss Management process.
This position will influence the team through an engaging leadership style to achieve excellence, ensuring that the David Jones risk policies and procedures are adhered to.
Please note; this role is Limited Tenure, until February 2025.
- Prevent and manage store risk through the completion of stock loss management tasks, CCTV monitoring, completion of audits, analysis of shrinkage trends, and required reporting.
- Actively promote and implement risk management policies and procedures, and investigate possible breaches and non-adherence to store compliance.
- Collaborate and work in conjunction with the store team to prepare, implement, and investigate stocktakes.
- Ensure safety across all stakeholders and security within the store through the management of the building security system.
- Uphold and promote effective WHS practices.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships to support the safety of the store.
- Inspire and develop the team to build individual capability.
Join us if you
- Are an inspirational leader with strong people management skills.
- Thrive on teamwork and collaboration.
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Have strong written, listening, and spoken communication skills.
- Are able to multi-task, use initiative, and self-motivate.
- Have strong organisational and prioritisation skills and the ability to meet targets.
- Are solutions-focused with strong problem-solving.
- Have strong attention to detail coupled with analytical skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Are representative of the brand and hold a professional stance.
- Hold a Security Licence and First Aid Certificate.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive.
- Generous employee discounts across our brands.
- An additional day of leave for your birthday.
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development.
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions.
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time