Finance Administrator (12-month fixed term contract)
Job No.: 537273
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Job type: Limited Tenure
David Jones exists to inspire like no other and as we continue to deliver on our ambitious transformation agenda in line with our Vision 2025+ strategy, we are committed to creating inspired careers so our people can Thrive.
A rare and exciting new internal opportunity to progress your career within David Jones, by joining the Corporate Finance team as a Finance Administrator on a fixed-term basis over a 12-month period.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will take ownership over subsidised salary invoicing, new supplier set-up and the inboxes relating to subsidised salaries and inventory accounting. Working closely with our Assistant Accountants, you will also provide support with invoicing and Masterfile maintenance duties. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in a finance function, possesses fantastic attention to detail, and is process-driven to achieve results.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our corporate office, this role will suit an Accounts professional looking to progress their career and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Processing subsidised salary invoicing and adjustments
- Maintaining a Trade Vendor Masterfile, including a new supplier account set-up
- Responding to vendors and internal stakeholder queries through e-mails
- Managing the Subsidised Salary Inbox and the Inventory Accounting Inbox
- Processing concession adjustments and concession rate updates
- Assisting stocktake setups in Store Inventory Management (SIM) system.
- Assisting month-end adjustment journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting monthly sales data to ABS
- Providing support to the broader internal stakeholders, including finance, payroll, merchandise and operations team when required
- Providing cover for the Assistant Inventory Accountant role during annual leave
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar accounting/transactional finance role (for example Accounts Payable, Accounts Officer.)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow processes and work effectively with team members
- Good MS Office skills
- Experience with Oracle would be advantageous
Why work for us?
- Unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that provide appropriate work/life balance
- Parental leave policy of 18-weeks paid leave for the primary carer, and 3-weeks paid leave for the supporting partner
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Closing date: for applications
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend