Operations Manager - ACT
Job no: 537034
Work type: Full-Time
Categories: Store Management
About the Role
Our Stores Executive team are responsible for delivering seamless experiences to both our internal and external customers across our stores.
Referred to internally as a Support Manager, this role is accountable for the operational running of the store including; inventory management, facilities, cash management, risk management, sustainability and work health and safety. This role plays a key part in the overall performance of the store and through exceptional communication and organisational skills and an engaging leadership style, brings collaboration between our support functions and store teams to drive exceptional performance and profitable and efficient outcomes.
- Manage and engage our logistics and store support functions to ensure a seamless experience for our customers
- Ensure stock is floor ready within the applied inbound and outbound inventory processes and required service level agreement (SLA)
- Manage stocktake in line with policy, procedure and timelines allocated
- Ensure all tasks relating to shrinkage is accurately completed not limited to processing adjustment, stock counts, and investigations
- Oversee cash management processing in line with policy and procedure ensuring the balance sheet is accurate
- Monitor expenses in line with forecast and budget
- Efficient management of salaries, scheduling, and rostering through proficient planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Complete tasks associated with risk management and overseeing all aspects of the stock loss management policy
- Oversee the sales team member Sales Incentive Scheme (FSIS) ensuring related tasks are accurately completed by the Sales Manager for reporting and budgeting purposes
- Coach and develop team members in the 'support' team to build individual capability and achieve desired results
- Organise and facilitate the company onboarding process for new team members to set them up for success
- Initiate the recruitment process when vacancies arise as well as coordinate internal transfers in line with procedure
- Promote WHS and well-being amongst teams whilst instilling a safe environment for all stakeholders
- Support the store team in coordinating requirements for store events as well as managing the store refurbishment process
- Coordinate and ensure information required for audits are readily available and opportunities are presented for improvement
Join us if you
- Possess significant demonstrated experience managing a large-format retail environment, with a customer service-focused approach
- Have developed exceptional people management skills, with a focus on coaching and inspiring your teams
- Have proven financial skills and experience in a similar position
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organisation to achieve business outcomes
- Possess a customer-comes-first attitude, holding a professional stance and emotional intelligence
- Are highly numerate with a strong commercial nous
- Are able to act as an effective change agent supporting business initiatives
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast-paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Possess a strong retail acumen
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across our brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time