POS Support Lead
Job no: 537032
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Join a newly created Technology function as a POS Support Lead to deliver our strategy to inspire omnichannel experiences like no other for David Jones.
In its 185th year, David Jones is undertaking a dynamic organisational wide transformation as part of its new Australian ownership structure. To deliver our Vision2025+ strategy, David Jones is creating a newly reshaped Technology function to transform how we create omnichannel environments that inspire like no other.
The POS Support Lead will oversee the maintenance and support of our POS Systems & Applications, ensuring seamless operations across our retail store network. You will lead, coach and mentor a high performing team, ensuring a proactive and detail-oriented approach by team members. The POS Support Lead will be responsible for leading and managing the POS support team, troubleshooting system issues, and implementing process improvements to optimize the overall performance of our retail technology infrastructure.
The role will suit a proven technical leader who has a strong appreciation of POS Systems & Applications and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of POS support specialists to deliver meaningful commercial and customer service outcomes
- Conduct regular assessments of POS system performance, analysing data and metrics to identify trends, areas for improvement, and opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and implement best practices for POS system maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements
- Manage workload of the POS support team, prioritizing tasks and ensuring the timely resolution of support tickets and service requests
- Serve as the primary point of contact for escalated POS-related issues, working closely with the team to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues in a timely and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- Dedicated experience in a similar leadership role across POS support teams with the retail or consumer orientated environment
- Proven experience in managing vendor partnerships including contract management to ensure delivery of high-quality products and services
- Proven leadership/interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
- Knowledge of retail technology and specifically POS solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily understood themes
- A curious and critical thinking mindset with a solution orientated approach
- Degree or equivalent certification in project management, information systems or a related field
Why work for us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the technological transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements in office and from home
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time