Sales & Service Manager - Canberra Centre
Job no: 536996
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Categories: Sales Management
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Store Management team, our Sales & Service Managers are dedicated people leaders who demonstrate their customer obsession and passion for retail by creating an in-store experience Like No Other. They successfully deliver a customer-centric environment to maximise sales and service results.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead by example and coach the team to provide expert knowledge and seamless solutions. They will demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships, with the ability to engage people across the business.
We are looking for influential leaders who have strong time management and prioritising skills, alongside the ability to clearly communicate and drive change within an agile environment.
- Lead by example by personally delivering on our service principles, engaging with customers, driving sales, and building a loyal customer base.
- Coach and mentor the team to provide expert knowledge and seamless solutions.
- Be visibly present on the selling floor, leading by example and inspiring the team to create warm connections.
- Work collaboratively with the store teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Look for opportunities for improvement whilst being commercially aware.
- Work collaboratively with the VM and Logistics teams to ensure the allocated stock is floor-ready within the relevant timeframes.
- Identify areas of opportunities for feedback to the Merchandise team.
- Maintain stock loss awareness by working closely with the sell and support teams to mitigate loss by ensuring proactive measures are implemented.
Join us if you
- Have strong coaching skills, including experience leading teams and empowering others to achieve results.
- Have a demonstrated passion for retail and a desire to provide great customer service.
- Have a solutions-focused mindset and the ability to provide innovation and effective customer solutions.
- Have a proven ability to motivate and lead teams and inspire an in-store experience Like No Other.
- Have relevant merchandising and selling skills and key product awareness.
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills.
- Are flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones brands.
- An additional day of leave for your birthday.
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development.
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions.
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time