Change & Problem Manager
Job no: 536984
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Join a newly created Technology function as a Change & Problem Manager as part of our strategy to inspire omnichannel experiences like no other for David Jones.
In its 185th year, David Jones is undertaking a dynamic organisational wide transformation as part of its new Australian ownership structure. To deliver our Vision2025+ strategy, David Jones is creating a newly reshaped Technology function to transform how we create omnichannel environments that inspire like no other.
The Change & Problem Manager will identify, analyse and resolve technical issues to enhance system reliability and optimise operational performance. Your role will collaborate with the wider David Jones Technology team and business leaders to develop preventive measures and long-term solutions for minimising disruptions.
The role will suit a collaborative and organized technical leader who thrives in a fast-paced and commercially evolving environments.
Key responsibilities include
- Investigating and diagnosing technical incidents and problems to determine their root causes
- Providing effective resolution to the problem in accordance with the priority service level
- Updating the problem reporting system with the root cause, and permanent resolution information
- Assist and endorse the technology problem management processes within the function
- Maintain detailed documentation of incidents, analysis, and solutions for future reference and continuous improvement
What are we looking for?
- Dedicated experience in a similar problem resolution role ideally with a retail or consumer orientated environment
- Proficiency in incident management tools and systems and a knowledge of technology infrastructure, networks, applications, and their interdependencies
- Knowledge and experience working across a variety of technology platforms and applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily understood themes
- A curious and critical thinking mindset with a solution orientated approach
- Degree or equivalent certification in computer science, information systems or a related field
Why work for us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the technological transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements in office and from home
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time