Job no: 536850
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Join a newly created Technology function as a Data Engineer to deliver our strategy to inspire omnichannel experiences like no other for David Jones.
In its 185th year, David Jones is undertaking a dynamic organisational wide transformation as part of its new Australian ownership structure. To deliver our Vision2025+ strategy, David Jones is creating a newly reshaped Technology function to transform how we create omnichannel environments that inspire like no other.
The Data Engineer will build, maintain and optimise data pipelines and infrastructure to support data-driven applications and analytics, for data platforms across our organisation. You will be rresponsible for the design, development and management of data across any database or relevant technology. Leading ingestion, storage, transformation, delivery and visualisation of data. Working with the wider technology team and business stakeholders to identify opportunities to support and enhance our data offering.
The role will suit a curious and adaptable engineer who thrives in a fast-paced and commercially evolving environments.
Key responsibilities include
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Create and maintain data pipelines
- Assemble large, complex data sets
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘Big data’ technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Dedicated experience in a similar data engineer role ideally within a retail or consumer orientated environment
- A curious and critical thinking mindset with a solution orientated approach
- Degree or equivalent certification in computer science, information systems or a related field
Why work for us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the technological transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements in office and from home
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time