Job no: 536697
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Digital Experience, Technology, Strategy & Project Management
Join a newly created Technology function as a Business Analyst to support with the strategy to inspire omnichannel experiences like no other for David Jones.
In its 185th year, David Jones is undertaking a dynamic organisational wide transformation as part of its new Australian ownership structure. To deliver our Vision2025+ strategy, David Jones is creating a newly reshaped Technology function to transform how we create omnichannel environments that inspire like no other.
Working across all streams with a priority in our customer and omnichannel domains, the Business Analyst will be a crucial bridge between Technology and business functions translating complex business and technical requirements/concepts into actional designs. You will collaborate with diverse groups of stakeholders to identify business needs, gather and analyse requirements, and contribute to the design and implementation of effective technology solutions.
The role will suit a collaborative and organized Business Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced and commercially evolving environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elicit, document, and prioritise business requirements through analysis of current processes and systems
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications, user stories, and technical documentation to support software development
- Facilitate workshops for input and validation of requirements from the business
- Effectively maintain documentation to support the Technology team development activities
- Participate in scoping and planning business and technology programs, projects and BAU activities
- Ensure effective communications within the team through across all key connection channels
- Identify and implement processes to maximise team productivity and efficiency
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in a similar role within a consulting and/or highly commercial organisations
- Experience partnering with a Technology team and a variety of stakeholders across a business to achieve desired outcomes to optimise the customer/end user experience
- Understanding of business analysis competencies including requirements definition and elaboration, workshop facilitation, documentation, testing and release management
- Proven experience in supporting projects throughout all phases of a project lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily understood outputs
- A curious and critical thinking mindset with a solution orientated approach
- Degree or equivalent certification in project management, information systems or a related field
Why work for us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, successful team, focused on the technological transformation of an iconic Australian brand
- A competitive remuneration package including performance-based incentives
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements in office and from home
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and access to partner benefits
- An additional day of leave for your birthday along with time to support charitable work
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices, driving change in the retail landscape
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time