Logistics Manager - Bourke Street Mall flagship
Job no: 535702
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Logistics, Operations Management
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Logistics Manager will demonstrate effective management of in-store fulfillment, inbound and outbound inventory, stock loss management processes, Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and people management. This position will influence the team through an engaging and highly organised leadership style to achieve excellence by collaborating with store teams and ensuring merchandise is readily available for the David Jones customer.
In this role, you will
- Empower team members to ensure all tasks relating to the goods inbound and outbound process including receiving, ticketing and security tagging is seamless and within timeframes
- Ensure the dock and reserve drop-off areas are maintained
- Prepare for deliveries and high intake of goods, ensuring task rotation amongst the Logistics team
- Assess and action store reports and investigate stock variances
- Ensure tasks associated with the Stock Loss Management process are completed
- Promote effective waste management practices
- Uphold effective WHS practices relating to the Logistics function
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Inspire and develop the Logistics team in order to build individual capability
Join us if you
- Are an inspirational leader with strong people management skills
- Have experience in a similar role within a retail environment
- Experience leading a large team
- Thrive on teamwork and collaboration and possess excellent stakeholder management skills
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
- Are able to multi-task, use initiative and are self-motivated
- Have strong organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to meet targets
- Are solutions focused with strong problem solving
- Have strong attention to detail coupled with analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Are systems savvy
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established the brand as Australia’s original influencer in fashion and lifestyle. Having revolutionised the way Australians shop, David Jones’ creation of a social centre inspired and created lasting memories for past, present and future generations. Today, our vision to inspire Like No Other drives us to continue this legacy in our ambitious purpose to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our Thriving cultural pillars inspire our people to deliver on our vision and purpose. We are Customer Obsessed; curious to understand and dedicated to delighting them with seamless solutions as one team. We care for our people, customers, partners and community by creating Inclusive environments through belonging and respect. We Empower with implied trust to act with integrity, value our unique skills and be accountable for our decisions. We constantly seek Innovative ways of improving, changing and exploring ways that we can inspire.
David Jones is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time