Retail Team Leader Opportunities - David Jones Bourke Street Mall
Job no: 530200
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Sales Management
- Located in our Bourke Street Mall store
- Multiple Full-Time permanent opportunities, 38 hours per week
- Rotating roster with every second weekend off
- Work in our newly refurbished & reimagined Flagship store
About the role
Referred to internally as an Assistant Sales Manager, this is an outstanding entry-level Management role for those wanting to grow their career with one of Australia's leading luxury retailers. Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, you will experience unique levels of exposure to our world-class Store Management team and be responsible for driving your department’s performance.
Leading by example, you will coach your team to ensure they exceed our customers' expectations. You will use your valuable product insight and specialised selling skills to deliver an in-store customer experience like no other.
- Inspire your team and customers by creating memorable experiences on the shopfloor
- Personally drive sales, leading by example, ensuring that your department achieves and exceeds targets
- Coach, develop and mentor team members to maximise performance and ensure the success of your department across all KPIs
- Support and develop new team members during their onboarding process and beyond
Join us if you
- Thrive in an environment where no two days are the same
- Have exceptional service, selling, and communication skills
- Have some leadership experience, preferably within a customer-centric environment
- Have the ability to motivate, engage and inspire others that you work with
- Have the ability to coach and provide feedback to build individual and team capability
- Show initiative with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Believe you have what it takes to represent the David Jones brand
Why work for us?
- A highly competitive incentive scheme
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time