Buyer - Kids Apparel & Footwear
Job no: 529481
Work type: Full-Time, Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
As part of a high performing and hugely collaborative merchandise function, we are looking for an innovative and passionate Buyer to lead our Kids apparel and footwear categories for David Jones. As a collection of categories that are delivering outstanding growth, you will have considerable responsibility to continue that moment. Your role will focus building strong relationships with new and existing suppliers to drive commercial results, as well as providing coaching and mentoring to your team. We are looking for someone with experience in a Buying/Planner role with an appreciation of the emerging social media trends that inform consumer shopping behaviour with an analytical and outcomes orientated mindset.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit a passionate commercial product buyer who thrives in a high paced and commercially evolving environment.
Please note, due to an internal secondment, this role is initially a 12-month contract with the potential for permanent conversion.
What does the role involve?
- Select merchandise assortments by channel that satisfy our value proposition, strategy and customer expectation
- Implement and manage agreed price curves and brand maps by channel
- Drive performance to achieve sales, GP dollars, GMROI and stock turn targets each season
- Achieve margin within buying and manage purchases within agreed OTB limits
- Manage markdowns, promotions and achieve aged inventory standards within policy guidelines
- Develop, cultivate and evolve partnerships with a range of Australian and international suppliers
- Coach and inspire your team to drive engagement, succession and maximum individual potential
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience working in a Buying role within kids, apparel or similar categories
- A strong understanding of Australian retail and international buying
- Commercial acumen and confidence working with senior stakeholders
- Highly analytical, excellent communication skills and the ability to lead discussions
- Appreciation for social media trends across marketplace environments highly regarded
- Exposure to managing drop shipment commercial arrangements with vendors ideal
- Demonstrated ability working in fast paced environments and balancing competing priorities
- A dynamic and motivating leader with strong people management skills
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- Ability to balance time at home and in the office to support meaningful work/life balance
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time