Job no: 528738
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
As the Finance Manager, you will have responsibility for driving the commercial outcomes for our digital/e-Commerce trade and Food teams. Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you will partner directly with our functional executive leaders to deliver profitable commercial outcomes. Your role will include providing commercial support across reporting, analysis and insights on brand performance. With detailed understanding of key functional drivers, you will collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders across corporate and finance teams to ensure profitable growth objectives are delivered all while having the customer experience at the forefront of your mind.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit an experienced commercial finance leader who thrives in a high paced and constantly evolving environment.
What does the role involve?
- Commercial partnership with functional leadership teams to manage direct costs
- Support functional leaders with the formulation of medium-term strategy planning
- Influence and drive actions across leadership teams to deliver on identified opportunities
- Financial analysis of proposed brand initiatives, including modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Ongoing financial analysis and review of performance
- Coach, lead and inspire a finance analyst directly while providing broader mentoring/leadership across the overall finance team
- P&L management including reporting, analysis and commentary against forecast/budget
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar senior commercial finance/business partner role
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Capability to drive business improvement and cost optimisation to deliver commercial outcomes
- Experience with financial systems, preferably Oracle Financials and EPM or equivalent reporting/forecasting tool
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present financial data in ways that are effective and readily understood
- Proven interpersonal, influence and relationship management skills
- Strong Business acumen with an interest/experience in the consumer orientated industries highly desirable
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that align to provide the right work/life balance
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time