Logistics Assistant - Casual Christmas Opportunities - Silverwater Location
Job no: 528731
Work type: Casual, Limited Tenure
Location: Sydney - West
- Located at our Silverwater Distribution Centre
- Limited tenure casual positions through until end of January 2022
- Close to public transport, a 25 minute walk from Auburn train station
- On street parking
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Your role as a Logistics Assistant will be pivotal in providing customers with their online orders in an incredibly busy period for our business. Supporting our Distribution Centre Team located in Silverwater, the role includes picking and packing of online customer orders, dispatch & freight management, and other general warehouse duties. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have a keen eye for detail, we invite you to join our team.
What does the role involve?
- Pick & pack online customer orders across fashion, beauty & home products
- Collaborate with other team members to meet customer needs
- Maintaining a high standard of merchandise principles
- Manage your time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met
- Lift potential heavy items and a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to Workplace Health & Safety policies to ensure the workplace is safe
Who are we looking for?
- At least 4 days availability, including weekends
- Experience within a warehouse/distribution centre environment would be ideal
- High level communication skills to work collaboratively with your team
- Outstanding time management skills to keep on top of deadlines
- Maintain an appropriate level of physical fitness to ensure you can keep up with the demands of a physical role
Why work for us?
- David Jones is a trusted iconic brand
- You will be surrounded by a great team and are inspired to make a difference for our customers
- We have a management team that cares, investing their time to develop and coach
- We take pride in what we do and recognise our employees’ efforts for the exceptional service and experience they provide our customers
- Team Amenities provided such as; kitchen (with fridges & microwaves), lockers, lounge area and lunch room.
Safety of our team;
Safety of our team is a main priority. During these unprecedented times, we are following all regulations as set out by the NSW government. This includes; mandatory masks in all areas, NSW Health QR code check-in, hygiene stations and daily temperature checks.
If successful in this role, you will be required to provide and wear 'safety shoes' for every shift. David Jones will happily reimburse you $70 of that associated cost upon receipt of purchase. A high visibility shirt will be provided by David Jones as your uniform.
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time