Environment and Data Reporting Specialist
Job no: 528583
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Environment & Sustainability, Strategy & Business Development
As an Environmental and Data Reporting Specialist, you will partner with stakeholders across both David Jones & Country Road Group teams to implement environmental programs and embed practices and processes to support the overarching sustainability strategy, “Good Business Journey”. You will also play a key role in supporting to deliver a range of Good Business Journey reports. We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience delivering environmental projects in complex corporate environments, and who has highly developed analytical and project management skills.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our corporate office, this role will suit a data-obsessed and curious reporting specialist that possesses strong analytical skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Manage and implement David Jones and Country Road Groups environment projects in areas of waste and recycling, packaging, and climate
- Assist in assessing and building the business case for future environmental initiatives to mitigate rising costs and minimise environmental impacts.
- Ensure environmental initiatives and annual reporting is communicates with key stakeholders
- Manage environmental and energy management database to ensure transparency, validity, and continuous improvement
- Collate and prepare data driven reporting such as; NGERS, Carbon Disclosure Project, Australian Packaging Covenant, Energy Efficient Opportunities and emissions reporting
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in a similar environmental/ sustainability field ideally in retail
- Broad knowledge of climate and environmental issues in retail and best practice, and experience working with non-profits, Government, or consultants.
- Demonstrated project/program management skills
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing skills
- Proven ability working with diverse groups of stakeholders and influencing stakeholders at various levels of seniority
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts for you across our David Jones with further discounts within our sister brands, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products
- Additional day of leave for your birthday
- Ability to balance time at home and in the office to support meaningful work/life balance
- Excellent career opportunities given upcoming change/transformation projects
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
At David Jones & Country Road Group, we know we connect with our customers best when our people are representative of our community. As part of our commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion and diversity, we actively encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time