Job no: 528579
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Strategy & Business Development
Reporting into the Insights and Analytics division, the Data Scientist provides recommendations and strategic insight around customer behaviour using their AI and Machine learning capability. This is an exciting time of growth in our Analytics and Insights team, with access to new data sources and a new level of partnership with the business.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Advanced Analytics team and play a key role in establishing and facilitating predictive behaviour and modelling within our brands to optimise decision making. Reporting through to the Advanced Analytics Manager, this unique role is integral in utilising advanced analytical techniques to assist in the delivery of strategic projects across the Country Road Group and David Jones brands.
Based in Richmond, with work from home flexibility, this role would suit an experienced Data Scientist with excellent stakeholder engagement skills looking to grow their career in an iconic retail business.
In this role you will:
- Unlock incremental value within existing and new data assets using advanced analytical technics such as statistical modelling for prediction and discovery.
- Advise and conduct analysis to support business decision making, including taking briefs, performing analysis and producing reports that enable effective decision making.
- Manage the complete predictive model life cycle.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in analytics and identifying opportunities to utilise them.
- Assist with commercial analysis as and when required.
- Mentor and share knowledge of techniques, applications and approaches with the wider analytical team.
What are we looking for?
- Proven Data Scientist work experience
- Experience with other languages and platforms (e.g. Python, SQL, C/C++, Matlab, AWS, GCP)
- Have demonstrated experience in successfully building, evaluating, deploying and monitoring statistical models with data
- Are adept in turning questions into testable hypotheses and presenting insights to key, non-technical stakeholders
- Possess experience in identifying new uses for data and its interaction with data design using a variety of techniques and applications
- Tertiary qualifications in quantitative or highly analytical disciplines (Mathematics, statistics)
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our
Good Business Journey program
- Be a member of a company committed to driving responsible business practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
At David Jones & Country Road Group, we know we connect with our customers best when our people are representative of our community. As part of our commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion and diversity, we actively encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time