Job no: 528382
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Human Resources, Operations, Strategy & Business Development
David Jones is on the search for a business and change orientated enabler who will lead the delivery of various Transformation projects across the Merchandise and Customer areas. You will use your extensive Agile methodology expertise to lead cross functional teams to deliver against project specifications and timelines. Given the nature of our organisation, you will be tasked with provide up to the minute project updates and trends that can support consistent iterations where required.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this will suit a commercially astute project lead with a diverse set of project management and business leadership capabilities. Practical and operational business implementation awareness is essential.
Please note, this is a 12-month fixed term maternity cover contract with the potential for extension.
For success in this role you will positively influence the delivery of these projects by:
- Assessing the viability of each project through resource requirements, impact and gap analysis
- Ensure project compliance is maintained in line with our group and brand standards
- Developing and delivering effective project reporting programs for senior leadership and project teams
- Liaise closely with corporate teams to ensure detailed understanding of existing states and identify future state objectives
- Reporting, monitoring and mitigating risks and issues associated with each project
- Defining and measuring projects criteria for success
- Ensuring projects are delivered to the agree specifications, on time and to budget
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- Proven experience managing business critical projects end-to-end from a business implementation perspective
- An ability to articulate business and customer impact from a process, engagement and technological perspective
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Design and running of the governance cycle
- Significant experience working as a Project / Program Manager with Agile knowledge essential
- Extensive experience in managing portfolios and transformation programs and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence key internal/external stakeholders
- A professional Project Management Certification would be beneficial
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Highly flexible hybrid working arrangements
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time