Events Specialist - Fixed Term
Job no: 528116
Work type: Limited Tenure, Part-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Your role as the Events Specialist for Christmas will drive the execution of our numerous events nationally in the lead up to Christmas. You will be part of the wider Events and Partnerships team, working in collaboration with Store, VM & Marketing teams to deliver memorable and iconic customer Christmas experiences. We are looking for a creative Events Specialist who can manage and deliver multiple and varied events at one of the busiest times of the year!
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit a flexible and passionate events specialist who is comfortable with 4 days a week with the increase to full time in August.
What does the role involve?
- Drive the national Christmas events schedule, engaging the wider business to ensure consistency and implementation of national Christmas campaign for David Jones
- Lead the planning, development and execution of Christmas events to deliver the value proposition and company strategy
- Guide the evolution of Christmas events, driving innovation
- Manage event objectives and budgets in full ensuring activity delivers ROI
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and agency networks
- Collaborate with store teams including store managers and visual merchandising team to ensure full visibility and integration of relevant events
- Integrate insights from global activity, ensuring delivery of events are reflective of world’s best practice
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated large-scale events and production experience within retail or fashion
- Collaborative focus with strong communication skills with the confidence to engage with senior stakeholders
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as effectively lead cross functional teams as it relates to Christmas executions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to autonomously multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple programs simultaneously and meet conflicting deadlines
- Understanding of and interest in contemporary industry trends and directions
- A strong network of industry connections is beneficial
- Tertiary qualified within Marketing/Commerce/ Events or other related discipline highly regarded
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration rate
- Generous staff discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, Politix and David Jones) for you and your immediate family
- Excellent career opportunity to work for David Jones
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time