Foodhall Opportunities - David Jones Elizabeth Street
Job no: 527856
Work type: Casual, Part-Time, Permanent
Location: Sydney - CBD & Inner
The journey has begun and the possibilities are endless. Drawing on our 180-year history, David Jones is revealing a world-class immersive shopping experience in the heart of Sydney. Luxury icons and personalised services await across 12 levels of fashion, beauty, food and home in an unmissable experience of the world’s best brands in one place.
We are now seeking experienced Food & Beverage Attendants and Cafe Baristas, to join our existing Foodhall team as we have recently opened our new world-class Food experience in our Elizabeth Street flagship store.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager, you will have the responsibility of providing the highest quality food and coffee to our customer-base.
Our Baristas are connected, charismatic & will blend our house coffee with customer care to build a loyal, caffeinated client base. You will be required to maintain a current and up to date level of coffee knowledge, ensuring you share your insight with your team and your customers.
- Providing seamless customer service in not just your quality coffee, but your friendly interactions
- Building rapport with customers by sharing your passion for food and hot beverages
- Having an in depth understanding of coffee & tea – from piccolo to peppermint
- Ensuring your station is up to the appropriate hygiene and safety standards
- RSA Certificates required
- For Barista positions - at least 1 years' barista experience in a fast-paced environment
- Being enthusiastic, energetic and going out of your way to ensure your customer is your number one priority
- Focusing on quality and ensuring that each cup you make is the best it can be
- Being passionate and driven to learn more about the products, brands and services we offer
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A chance to work with the best food and coffee brands in Australia
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organization each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES FOOD:
David Jones continues our amazing journey into the wonderful world of food! As one of the Australasia's leading retailers, we have been able to use our platform of global networks to curate the best products from all over the world. Through a collaboration of Food Halls, Cafés, and Food Stores, the possibilities really are endless for our customers.
KEY SELLING POINTS:
• Ongoing Barista training provided with Australia’s best coffee brands
• Career progression opportunities throughout our network
• Staff Discount across David Jones, Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco + more
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are someone who is excited by this opportunity, we invite you to apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time