Visual Merchandising Assistant - Casual - David Jones Newmarket
Job no: 527810
Work type: Casual
Categories: Visual Merchandise
- Located at our Newmarket store
- Casual opportunity available
- Monday - Friday role - no weekends
- Rare opportunity to join our VM in-store team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Visual Merchandising Assistant will work alongside the VM Manager to enhance the customer shopping experience and promote our brand through creating commercially driven merchandise presentation and aspirational displays. Create an in-store experience like no other.
With a world-class offering of high quality products, you will play a vital role in curating each of these into a display worthy of the David Jones name.
- Being responsible for bringing the brand direction to life, whilst also delivering on our world class standards
- Planning and implementing eye catching displays in line with best practice visual merchandising
- Implement displays to maximise sales opportunities for specific products or promotions, with consideration of target customer and within our brand standards
- Regularly walking the floor to spot opportunities to further develop our visual impact
- Working collaboratively with the greater team to ensure we are the first destination for style
- Proven experience within a comparable VM role
- Are creative and have a keen eye for detail whilst also identifying commercial opportunities
- Are a brand guru
- Are hands on and thrive on team work and collaboration
- Are realistic, practical and solution focused
- Will enjoy being active and working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Visual Merchandising or Design certification
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organization each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to participate in a one-way video interview as part of our selection process.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time