Job no: 527765
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Your role as SEO lead will be responsible for the positioning of David Jones online through our newly created in-house lead role. You will be accountable for the technical structure of our website in terms of SEO, whilst collaborating with internal teams to drive the SEO keyword, content and backlinking strategies. We are looking for a leader with a strategic, analytical and technical mindset who can facilitate the growth and strength of this team. Where required you will also manage strategic partnerships with external agencies to support our direct efforts.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit an experienced and driven Search Engine Optimisation leader looking to make a real impact.
What does the role involve?
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Help optimise website content, landing pages and paid search copy where required
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings, and other SEO aspects as strategies are implemented
- Partner and influence internal and external stakeholders to drive David Jones Online trade
- Inspire and communicate findings through visualisation and dashboards
- Lead the SEO subject matter content and guidelines, keeping abreast of SEO trends
- Oversee the production of key SEO reports to understanding performance and help support recommendations
Who are we looking for?
- Proven experience as SEO Lead of Manager within and agency or experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practises
- Strong understanding of SEO reporting
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage and influence
- An analytical and forward-thinking approach to drive our online trade strategy
- BSc/BA in Digital, Marketing or business-related field
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time