Assistant Sales Manager Opportunities in our Elizabeth Street Flagship store
Job no: 527702
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney - CBD & Inner
Categories: Children's Fashion, Men's Fashion, Shoes, Women's Fashion
- Build your Retail Management career at David Jones as an Assistant Sales Manager
- Multiple Full Time permanent opportunities available, 38 hours per week
- Current opportunities include roles working in the following departments;
- Womens Shoes
- Youth Fashion
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a great entry level Management role for those wanting to commence their retail management career in a large format retail environment. Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, you will experience unique levels of exposure to our world class Store Management team and have a responsibility to drive your department’s performance.
Additionally, you will be expected to lead by example and coach your team to ensure they exceed their service goals and sales KPI’s. You must maintain a current and up to date level of product knowledge, ensuring you share your insights with your customers and your team. To develop your own management skill set, you will be charged with identifying, developing and supporting your team to grow by nurturing talent and coaching for opportunity.
- Personally drive sales and deliver exceptional customer service to lead by example, ensuring that your Work Area achieves and exceeds budget
- Coach, develop and mentor team members to maximise performance and ensure the success of your Work Area across all KPIs
- Ensure visual merchandising standards across the department are set to the standards required
- Review stock levels across the department whilst coordinating stock replenishment processes
- Support new team members during their on boarding process and beyond
- Exceptional service, selling and communication skills
- Some experience as a supervisor or manager in a retail environment (desirable)
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire others you work with
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to build individual and team capability
- Initiative with the ability to adapt to changing business requirements
- Be representative of the brand, holding a professional stance and high emotional intelligence
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A highly competitive incentive scheme
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organisation each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth
- Career development & career progression through our varied Management opportunities
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
We invite you to begin your application now.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to complete a one-way video interview as part of our recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed as received, so don't delay submitting your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time