People & Culture Manager
Job no: 527648
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Human Resources
Reporting to the GM of People, as the People Manager, you will be a vital component in delivering the people agenda across our David Jones Victorian stores and Commercial Operations corporate functions. You will partner directly with the GM of Stores, their regional and store management leaders to deliver the people strategy and maximise capability of teams. This dynamic role includes engaging in org design, coaching of business leaders and building strong relationships across the business to provide solution-orientated outcomes.
In addition, you will work with your peer store People Management team to identify consistent strategies to deliver memorable people experiences for all our David Jones store team members. In partnership with the Country Road Group BP team, you will support the business navigate a new way of working based on the learnings from the COVID pandemic.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit an experienced, highly talented, driven and commercially astute HR professional looking to make a real impact.
- Partner closely with our corporate leadership teams to execute the people strategy
- Lead conversations around talent management, succession planning and team engagement
- Lead and contribute to key strategic projects across the corporate and wider People Teams
- Facilitate and lead discussion relating to organizational restructures and organizational design
- Initiate change recommendations to support the people and overarching business strategy
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and support to corporate management teams
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A customer focused approach
- An ability to influence via strong relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Dedicated experience within a Business Partnering environment
- Ability to manage complex employee and industrial relations matters
- Has previously lead career, talent development, org design, remuneration & benefits discussions
- Coach and mentor leaders regarding HR processes and initiatives
- Strong communication skills
- Degree qualification and passion for the fasted paced retail environment are highly regarded
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts for you and your immediate family across David Jones with further discounts within our sister brands, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time