Project Manager - Construction
Job no: 527608
Work type: Full-Time, Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development, Procurement, Property & Facilities
As the Project Manager, you will play a leading role delivering the luxury refurbishment of our iconic Bourke St store in Melbourne. This project will see David Jones embark on its most ambitious build yet and is destined to deliver customer experiences that are truly luxurious. Reporting to the Head of Construction, you will partner with all contractors and brand partners to ensure the reputation of David Jones as a world class retail destination for our customers is maintained. Partnering closely with a broad range of internal business functions, you will be the subject matter expert for all construction requirements.
Based in Melbourne with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this role will suit a highly talented, driven, commercial and highly experienced retail construction professional looking to make a real impact.
Please note this is a fixed term contract position that will run through until project completion.
- Manage the construction process to time and budget requirements
- Coordinate project resources, team members and vendors
- Coordinate and manage appointed external Construction contractor teams
- Coordinate and review services, trade and joinery package tenders
- Review construction programmes and assess/highlight potential risks
- Review base build, architectural, co-ordinated services and lease plan drawings
- Produce and/or contribute to detailed project proposals that allow an informed project approval decision to be made
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Degree qualified in Construction Management, Building, Engineering or related discipline.
- Onsite construction PM experience with exposure to big box retail/retail/hospitality is essential
- Proven commercial and financial acumen ensuring projects are delivered to budget.
- Experience with contract management (AS), Contract negotiations, claim and cost management
- Led a number of large-scale projects end-to-end valued between $50M - 200M
- Exposure leading internal and external consultant teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence diverse stakeholder groups
- Operational experience of PM software including Aconex, Microsoft Projects and Excel.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time