Public Relations and Community Investment Specialist
Job no: 527385
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
As PR and Community Investment Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in generating positive, strategic communication outcomes for our brand and categories. Reporting into the PR, Talent and Community Investment Manager, you will support with the development and execution of a range of campaigns related to David Jones and our charity partners. We are looking for someone who can be adaptable and agile in a fast-paced environment, who is passionate about our brand and who is able to manage multiple, competing priorities at once.
What will the role involve?
- Develop and implement a multifaceted communications strategy to support the David Jones brand and offering
- Implement seasonal communications campaigns across all channels, supporting influencer and partner engagement, as well as David Jones owned content strategy
- Work collaboratively with the Social Media Team
- Develop and maintain strong relations with key national media and community partners across AUNZ in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Support on issues and crisis communications in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Manage and update media databases, expense trackers and monthly forecasting for assigned programs as well as compile and circulate daily media coverage report
- Complete detailed PIR’s following key campaigns and make recommendations on opportunities for improvement
- Develop key media materials and briefing documents for all David Jones personnel and engaged talent
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive communications experience and a focus on fashion and lifestyle, community investment and digital strategy
- A data-driven approach to working with content, influencers and community to leverage impactful communication activities
- Idea generator – the ability to brainstorm new ways to bring the brand to life
- Ability to bring initiative, proactivity and reactivity to a lean team and work strategically with a range of internal departments
- Extremely well organised, detail-oriented and process efficient with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and partner with stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
At David Jones & Country Road Group, we know we connect with our customers best when our people are representative of our community. As part of our commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion and diversity, we actively encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time