IT Analyst Programmer
Job no: 527318
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Your role as IT Analyst Programmer will play an important part in maintaining and enhancing David Jones and Country Road Group IT systems. Reporting directly to the IT Applications Support Team Lead, you will also work to diagnose and resolve IT system issues and provide service support to the broader business. We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, an analytical mindset to stay on top of the technical aspects of the role, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Provide support through rapid response to user difficulties and provide timely solutions to the satisfaction of the user while ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Support the team responsible for the design, construction, and unit test of resolution problems
- Manage development tasks responsible for ensuring quality delivery of work products including but not limited to, analysis, function/module design, creation, execution, and verification of system test plans
- Assist with the implementation of appropriate systems to support end user applications
- Provide clear, accurate, and regular progress status reporting to Support Manager, including raising of issues and sharing of knowledge with other team members
- Follow defined development, quality, and change management processes and standards.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualified – degree level business systems or computer science
- Proven experience with Oracle database is highly beneficial
- Strong understanding and experience in programming languages and development best practices (Pro*C, Shell scripting, PL/SQL, DB2 scripting)
- Excellent technical skills to support databases/applications deployed in UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge and experience in TM1, Business Objects, MircoStrategy, QlikView, SSRS, or COGNOS BI would be beneficial
- Experience with Batch scheduling tools Control-M or Automic desirable
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time