Job no: 526150
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
As the Concession Specialist, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our Menswear Concession brands. Acting as a conduit between concessionaries and David Jones stakeholders, your involvement will range from discussions around terms of business, onboarding new concessions, and managing floor plan changes. We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of retail operations, with strong commercial acumen and relationship management skills.
As our world of work continues to evolve each day, so too does our business. With the safety of our team members, job applicants and customers in mind, we have adapted our recruitment process to now include virtual assessments and interviews. We appreciate these changes may seem daunting at first and we thank you in advance for your cooperation, as we navigate through these unusual times together.
What does the role involve?
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all concessions, acting as the key point of contact for any vendor questions and/or requests
- Encourage vendor involvement in David Jones initiatives, which support the Department’s overall strategic objectives
- Engage in negotiations related to existing contracts and business terms
- Provide operational support to vendors in relation to staffing, training, and return policies
- Manage conversations of Own Buy to RBMA, coordinating and chairing CFT meetings to ensure action items are completed
- Manage brand arrivals, moves and exits on store floors; ensuring that space is optimized, and brands are best positioned
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in an Operations, Planning, Buying (or similar) role
- Demonstrated experience within Retail industry preferred
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience negotiating contracts and terms of business with suppliers and vendors
- Highly developed communication skills, with a proven ability to manage and maintain and strengthen vendor relationships
- An analytical mindset with a strong understanding of how retail operations work
- Experience working within a complex and multi-faceted business and ability to work cross functionally
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
At David Jones & Country Road Group, we know we connect with our customers best when our people are representative of our community. As part of our commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion and diversity, we actively encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time