David Jones | Assistant Sales Manager Food | Bourke Street
Job no: 525399
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager, you will experience unique levels of exposure to our world class Store Management team and have a responsibility to drive your department’s performance.
Additionally, you will be expected to lead by example and coach the team to ensure they exceed their service goals and sales KPI’s. You will support the Food & Beverage Manager to deliver best in class food and beverage experiences across cafes, bars, restaurants and other food service counters.
An Assistant Food & Beverage Manager role with David Jones gives you a real & tangible development opportunity to progress your career and become a part of one of Australia’s oldest and most reputable businesses.
- Deliver welcoming and inclusive hospitality service; connecting with guests to build a loyal customer base and drive sales
- Support team members by providing coaching, guidance and prompt resolution at times of issue escalation
- Support the Food & Beverage Manager in fostering an engaged team culture by celebrating individual and team milestones, successes and connecting people who love food
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager in ensuring team members performance standards and daily responsibilities are being met
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager in ensuring food service departments; from intake to mise en place, to food presentation are in line with presentation and food compliance standards
- Be coached and developed by the very best leaders to enhance your potential.
- Are an experienced hospitality leader looking for the right role to develop your potential
- Take an ambassadorial role and lead from the front
- Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service
- Thrive on team work and collaboration
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills
- Be representative of the brand, holding a professional stance and high emotional intelligence
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- Offer you a hospitality career with retail hours and greater work life balance
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organization each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES FOOD:
David Jones continues our amazing journey into the wonderful world of food! As one of the Australasia's leading retailers, we have been able to use our platform of global networks to curate the best products from all over the world. Through a collaboration of Food Halls, Cafés, and Food Stores, the possibilities really are endless for our customers.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Shortlisted candidates may be requested to participate in video interviewing as part of the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time