Accounts Payable Officer - Non Trade
Job no: 525345
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Your role as Accounts Payable Officer will manage the end-to-end payment process to ensure that our suppliers are paid within agreed timeframes. Working closely with the Accounts Payable Team Leader, you will also provide support with the preparation of cash requirements on a weekly basis. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in a similar role, who is agile and who is able to work in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Manage accounts payable processes including invoice processing, coding, GST treatment, batch entry and payment
- Manage open payables ledgers and ensure balances are accurate and disputes are actioned
- Provide back-up maintenance of weekly cash requirements for AP Team Leader, Finance Operations team and Treasury team.
- Maintenance of supplier database to ensure all critical information is accurate
- Back-up for credit card expenses for company credit card holders
- Provide support to broader financial accounting team when required
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in a high volume Accounts Payable role
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel (V Lookups & Pivot Tables)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Fraedom and/or Retek is preferred but not essential
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time