Merchandise Planner - Womens Accessories - Trenery
Job no: 981031
Work type: Full-Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Merchandise Planner to join the Trenery team, looking after our Women’s Accessories category. Reporting to the Merchandise Planning Manager, you will hold accountability for stock management and forecasting key business KPI’s to deliver the company financial targets for the category.
- Establish budgets for sales, markdowns, purchases, stock levels, stock turn, margin % and margin dollars.
- In season trading, review and recommend forward forecasts on sales, markdowns, stock, stock turn, margin, purchases and gross profit.
- Manage markdowns, analyze weekly sales reports and propose any clearance markdowns in season. Control seasonal markdown levels within targets and manage stock levels across 1st stores and clearance channels.
- Prepare and contribute towards SWOT and post seasonal review meetings and any forward strategy meetings in conjunction with the product team.
- Facilitate the weekly trading meetings by providing analysis and recommendations to achieve Sales, GP & Stock targets.
- Manage OTB for the division, including option planning and range buys
- Ensure that initial allocations and replenishment are managed each week to meet potential sales
- Work closely with VM and Retail regarding stock planning to ensure that we have the correct stock levels in stores and plan for new store openings.
- Analysis, update and monitoring of allocation grids / profiles by category
- Liaise with Allocation Analysts and state managers on store needs, stock transfers and gridding of stores, plus identify and drive opportunities at store level.
The Ideal Candidate has
- Have demonstrated experience working within the Merchandise Planning space either at a Junior Planner level or newly established Planner
- Is passionate about the Trenery brand!
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring team members, with proven success in driving development and succession planning
- Possesses a relevant tertiary qualification
- Has developed exceptional numerical and analytical skills, coupled with a strong retail and commercial acumen
- Has a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Is team oriented, and thrives in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Has an ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Has developed excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across internally and externally
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts on all brands products (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco and David Jones) for you and your immediate family
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Trenery was created by the team behind the iconic Australian fashion retailer Country Road and launched in Australia in 2009. It is designed for women and men who appreciate the beauty of simple, sophisticated collections that are modern in approach and timeless in style
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time