Central Planning Analyst
Job no: 980671
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Finance, Marketing
We have a unique opportunity to join our Central Planning team and play a key role in supporting the Central Planning Manager, and business leaders. This role is pivotal in providing commercial analysis and recommendations on key commercial decisions and drive initiatives across the Country Road Group to achieve its future strategic objectives.
• Provision of commercial, financial and trade reporting support to the Central Planning Manager, senior management and Group.
• Provide analysis and feedback on trade outcomes and sales/BGP performance against Merchandise KPIs and form independent assumptions.
• Drive continuous improvement, leading business projects as required, across the Merchandise/Planning teams and wider business
• Lead weekly Trade and promotion meetings as required, providing feedback and commentary to the Central Planning Manager and senior management with a focus on BGP growth and effective stock management.
• Oversee and support the facilitation of Sales, Markdowns and Promotional activity to ensure it is aligned to current business objectives.
• Build strong relationships with Commercial Finance Business Partners and provide the team with trade analysis and feedback on a weekly basis / as required.
The Ideal Candidate has
• Retail Planning, Financial or Analytical background required
• Commercial nous, with advanced excel skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, with confidence to influence at senior levels of the business
• Commercially aware with well-developed commercial and retail acumen
• Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
• Are self-motivated and diligent
• Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced and evolving environment
• Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts across our David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
- Excellent career progression including diverse project work and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Involvement in our Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time