Advanced Analytics Lead
Job no: 979266
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
We are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere.
We’re looking for an Advanced Analytics Lead to join our Insights team and play a key role in establishing and facilitating ways of working for a new team. Reporting through to the General Manager – Insights & Analytics, this unique role is integral in ensuring existing technologies are leveraged to the maximum and that the team is positioned to take advantage of future evolutions in analytics.
In this role you will:
- Build and lead the Advanced Analytics function across David Jones and Country Road Group
- Build out our analytics capability and roadmap, including the analytics platforms and data science workbench to enable our people
- Identify and execute conceptual and strategic planning required to position the team for changes in the analytical landscape
- Lead strategic projects that utilise advanced analytics, ML and AI that enhance business processes and operations
- Utilise advanced analytics, ML and AI to build and manage models (including classification, propensity, segmentation and understanding)
- Manage the technical development of the wider analytical team through training, mentoring and leadership
- Keep abreast of developments in ML and AI and identify opportunities to utilise these developments
- Effectively manage data scientists
- Support commercial BAU work as required
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in analytics and identifying opportunities to utilise them
- Mentor and share knowledge of techniques, applications and approaches with the wider analytical team
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Significant proven data experience including segmentation, behavioural analysis and financial modelling
- Experience within the Retail industry would be well regarded
- Have demonstrated experience working across a broad range of consumer driven industries
- Have proven expertise with coding in SAS and R, and the use of BI and data visualisation tools (such as SAS VA). Experience with other languages and platforms (e.g. Python, Lua, Scala, Tensorflow, Matlab) would be advantageous.
- Have demonstrated experience in successfully building, evaluating deploying and monitoring statistical models for data mining, predictive modelling, clustering, classification, deep learning, genetic algorithms, neural networks (MLP, Convolutional, Recurrent), NLP and text mining
- Have demonstrated experience with big data and big data architecture (Map reduce, Hive, Pig, Spark)
- Have developed expertise in database technologies and SQL language for joining, querying and manipulating data sets
- Are well versed in successfully creating, implementing and evaluating AI and ML models covering predictive modelling, clustering and classification
- Have proven expertise developing and managing ML and AI model lifecycle.
- Have proven expertise with ML and AI tools such as advanced coding such as R/SAS, BI and data visualisation tools (such as SAS VA, TAbleau), and CRM systems (such as Salesforce)
- Have proven experience creating and managing scheduled production processes, models and analysis
- Are an inspirational leader, and focuses on developing their team in a collaborative environment
- Are adept in turning questions into testable hypotheses and presenting insights to key, non-technical stakeholders
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Are comfortable operating in high change, ambiguous environments
- Possess experience in identifying new uses for data and its interaction with data design using a variety of techniques and applications
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones and Country Road Group we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Offer opportunities to work across premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home & Food products.
- Have an ever changing store environment with leading design and visual merchandising displays.
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- Are surrounded by a great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers.
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time