Job No.: 979248
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Job type: Full-Time
As the Payroll Manager, you will thrive in leading your teams across the day-to-day while delivering on key process improvements projects across our payroll function. Based in Melbourne, you will partner with leaders across our all aspects of our business to support in our endeavor to deliver outstanding experiences to our 13,000 + employees and countless customers alike. This hands-on, yet highly strategic role includes coaching your team leads and building strong relationships across the business to provide solution-orientated outcomes.
• Leadership of payroll function ensuring accurate payroll for each employee
• Coach, mentor and up-skill your team leads to develop strong succession plan of talent
• Lead and contribute to key transformation projects across the wider HR and corporate teams
• Drive payroll system, integrations and process improvement to deliver efficient and effective payroll best practice initiatives
• Develop effective reporting strategies across our diverse payroll mix
• Create a high performing team culture with a focus on business partnering
• Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across key functions in the business
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A customer focused approach mixed with proactive communication skills
• Proven experience over an extensive career as a Payroll Manager
• Have worked with PayGlobal and/or Empower payroll systems and across a range of IT systems
• Ability to navigate complex corporate and retail orientated business structures
• Experience working across retail industry awards, EBA and corporate payroll
• Proven ability to lead/deliver on payroll process improvements including system integrations
• Experience within a fasted paced retail environment are ideal
Why work for us?
• A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
• Generous discounts across our David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
• Ability to be involved in rewarding transformation projects
• A genuine, open and high performing culture
• An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organization each and every day
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Closing date: for applications
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend