Central Planning Analyst
Job no: 979017
Work type: Full-Time
We have a unique opportunity to join our Central Planning team and play a key role in supporting the Central Planning Manager, and business leaders. This role is pivotal in providing commercial analysis and recommendations on key commercial decisions and drive initiatives across the Country Road Group to achieve its future strategic objectives.
- Provision of commercial, financial and trade reporting support to the Central Planning Manager, senior management and Group.
- Provide analysis and feedback on trade outcomes and sales/BGP performance against Merchandise KPIs and form independent assumptions.
- Drive continuous improvement, leading ad hoc business projects as required, across the Merchandise/Planning teams and wider business with a focus on BGP growth and stock management.
- Be an authority on key processes/best practices and support the teams in aligning.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and be a reliable advisor / support to the business.
- Assist the Central Planning Manager and Central Planning team members as required with weekly/monthly Board reporting, ad hoc projects and strategy tasks.
- Lead weekly Trade and promotion meetings as required, providing feedback and commentary to the Central Planning Manager and senior management with a focus on BGP growth and effective stock management.
- Oversee and support the facilitation of Sales, Markdowns and Promotional activity to ensure it is aligned to current business objectives and effectively communicated to all areas of the business.
- Lead monthly Brand forecast meetings, review plans, approve forecasts in line with Group strategic objectives and provide commercial support to the Brands.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of the yearly budget process, working with senior management and Finance to provide analysis on setting Merchandise KPI targets, as well as supporting the Planning teams to meet objectives that align to their overall Brand strategy.
- Closely work with IT to ensure data accuracy of all key merchandise systems and develop further reporting to enhance trade analysis.
- Build strong relationships with Commercial Finance Business Partners and provide the team with trade analysis and feedback on a weekly basis / as required.
The Ideal Candidate has
- Retail Planning, Financial or Analytical background required
- Commercial nous, with advanced excel skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and influence at senior levels of the business
- Are commercially aware and proactive in seeking opportunities
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
- Are self-motivated and diligent
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced and evolving environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Possess a strong retail and commercial acumen
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Politix, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road Group is one of Australia’s largest specialty fashion retailers, comprising of four iconic brands Country Road, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco. At Country Road Group we are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time