Country Road - Design Manager - Accessories
Job no: 978954
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development, Merchandise
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly experienced Design Manager to lead the Country Road Accessories Design team in our Womenswear category.
As a key member of the Country Road design team, you will be responsible for the identification of key trends and creating and building fashionable and well balanced ranges that represent exceptional value in the market place.
- Lead the design team and direction across the Accessories product range.
- Research and development of emerging trends, including conducting competitor analysis in both domestic and international markets, ensuring that key looks are covered in accordance with the Brand Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Designers on product and range direction for the season, including silhouette, fabric and colour.
- Partner closely with the Womenswear & Accessories Merchandise Manager to ensure styling and ranges meet business requirements.
- Ensure sourcing to maintain and adhere to quality and safety standards.
- Manage and communicate ideas and growth opportunities for the Accessories business to the Executive Management Committee.
- Present design briefs and ranges to Executive Management Committee for sign off and approval.
- Achieve sales budget, profit margin, markdowns, intake and final margin targets.
- Analyse weekly sales reports to determine best sellers and problem styles / colours.
- Achieve desired closing stocks through.
- Manage and mentor a team of Designers and Design Assistant in all aspects of the design process.
- Undertake overseas buying and sourcing trips, and/or factory and supplier visits.
- Complete regular visits to stores to obtain first hand product feedback from customers and staff – including interstate stores as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate has
- Extensive design and development experience, preferably in an Accessories or Apparel category
- Demonstrated a proven track record in building successful Accessories or Apparel ranges
- Exceptional people management skills, with proven success in coaching, leading and mentoring Design teams
- Experience in sourcing and working with overseas vendors
- Exceptional technical skills, fabric and material sourcing and knowledge
- Proven understanding of off shore manufacturing
- A strong retail and commercial nous
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, having the experience in presenting to the Executive team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the organisation
- The ability to work alongside a range of key stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- The ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. Country Road creates quality lifestyle products across Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Babywear and Homewares. Renowned for its commitment to style, quality and design, the fashion ranges are a celebration of all that's vibrant and exciting about modern Australian living.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time